Date:      Wed, 07 Aug 1996 15:44:42 -0400
From:      Rohit Dube <rohit@cs.UMD.EDU>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port of UCD SNMP (3.1) to FreeBSD 2.1

On Wed, 07 Aug 1996 15:24:36 -0400 gpalmer@freebsd.org writes:
=>> [I am looking for a working UCD SNMP 3.1 port to FreeBSD 2.1]
=>
=>What isn't working about the existing one?
=>
=>Gary

I looked at the documentation at the UC Davis SNMP site.
The UCD code claims that they cleaned up a lot of bugs
in the original CMU implementation. This is why I was
hoping to use the UCD code rather than the original.

A specific question : are the patches at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/net/ucd-snmp/
applicable to ucd-snmp-3.1? (I guess yes but just to make sure).
When applied, is UCD snmp known to work on FreeBSD 2.1 (your previous mail
suggested the negative).

Thanks again.

--rohit.