Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:52:26 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@mat.cc>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting WRKDIRPREFIX

--On lundi 8 avril 2002 09:28 +0200 Neil Blakey-Milner
<nbm@mithrandr.moria.org> wrote:

> On Mon 2002-04-08 (08:34), Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>> I have a ports directory shared between 30 boxes, and I can't use it for
>> the builds, so, I put
>> WRKDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj
>> in my make.conf, but as many packages run just fine, some just don't,
>> php4  don't :
>
> Just don't use WRKDIRPREFIX=MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX (/usr/obj by default), and
> it should work just fine.  Basically setting them to the same thing
> causes the "obj" directory to exist, making the make(1) infrastructure
> look for files in incorrect locations.  There's a PR on this somewhere.
>
> Or maybe this is a different problem.  But try without them being the
> same, so that we can rule out this known problem.

If I do that, things get worse :
make WRKDIRPREFIX=/tmp
[conf]
===>   php4-4.1.2 depends on executable: autoconf213 - found
touch: /tmp/usr/ports/lang/php4/work/.extract_done.php4-4.1.2: No such file
or directory

because the work directory is missing.

--
Mathieu Arnold