Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:29:07 -0500
From:      Mary Lee <lyl001@coes.latech.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie question how to configure a gateway for multiple machines

Salutations...

My name is stephen...

I have recently installd freebsd, after fighting with lunix, and
discovered how much more organized the little demon is...
I am an extream newbie, and I was hoping someone coule point me in the
rt direction...
I have a unique intel 486 DX2 66 mhz, 20 meg ram, 540 HD,  isa, system
runing 4.0 current ( not stable ) Freebsd OS, with a 14x mitsumi cdrom (
don't laugh :)
Here is my problem...
I have 2 roomates, and that's 2 computers one phone line, and a TCA
cable modem ( not isdn ), my computer, and a partrige in a pear tree...
we want to connect them all up, so we can, downlad, check e-mail, chat,
port, you know ... stuff...
I will buy a 3 com 10/100 hub in a few days, unless this message comes
back with altering info, and some cat 5 cable...
i have finished stream lining the kernel, and now am starting on trying
to set up the network stuff...

Here is where the problems start...
I don't know how to assign DHCP to the 2 win 95/98 systems...
I don't know anything about somba, or where it is...
didn't see it in the ports collection...
I'm guessing on how to set up my own os, and i was woundering how to set
it up so that we can all use the same ip, otherwist its another 10 bucks
for an additional 2 ip addresses :)

well i hope you can point me to a page, or some one to enlighten me :)
my icq # is 4252888
my email address is sjh003@latech.edu, or the puter i'm on now is
lyl001@coes.latech.edu

well thanks...