Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2015 14:39:16 +0100
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 11-armv6-GUMSTIX-snap build failure

--Sig_/+_B8.HdE0KeaDZ.U2ur1GTk

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 13:31:56 +0000
Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 09:46:23AM +0100, Andrew Turner wrote:
> > On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 00:00:41 +0000
> > Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >=20
> > > ----- Forwarded message from Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> -----
> > >=20
> > > Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 23:58:32 GMT
> > > From: Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
> > > To: gjb@freebsd.org
> > > Subject: 11-armv6-GUMSTIX-snap build failure
> > >=20
> > ...=20
> > > =3D=3D=3D> GUMSTIX
> > > Kernel build directory is /usr/obj/arm.armv6/usr/src/sys/GUMSTIX
> >=20
> > The GUMSTIX kernel config shouldn't be built as armv6. It should be
> > build with TARGET_ARCH=3Darm. This is the default if building with
> > just TARGET=3Darm specified.
> >=20
>=20
> How the scripts I'm using to build these work, I need to specify the
> TARGET_ARCH as well as TARGET.
>=20
> So, this is not an issue if that is the correct fix, I'll just set
> both to 'arm.'  However, this has built successfully in the past with
> TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv6 (and still does for stable/10).
>=20
> Did something change between the branches in this regard?

Having looked at the release config file I thing there is some
confusion. the GUMSTIX kernel config is for an old series of boards.
These have been unavailable for the last 6 years [1].

The U-Boot target in the release config is for a newer board, the
DuoVero, however I'm not sure on the status of FreeBSD on this board.
It has the same SoC as the PandaBoard so should work, but I don't have
one to test.

Andrew

[1] http://docwiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=3DBasix_and_connex

--Sig_/+_B8.HdE0KeaDZ.U2ur1GTk