Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 00:24:27 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
To:        raviprasad20@netscape.net
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Free BSD network buffers

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 01:17:44AM -0400, raviprasad20@netscape.net wrote:

> My doubt is whether mbuf's along with clusters will be used for large data sizes like 65536 bytes?

No, for data that big we use vnodes. That way we can swap out in times of low
memory. To really take advantage of this, use softupdates so the meta-data
operations on the network buffers can be scheduled async.

--
Bill Fumerola - security yahoo         / Yahoo! inc.
              - fumerola@yahoo-inc.com / billf@FreeBSD.org

ps. hi alfred.