Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:57:12 +0200
From:      Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvidia: tearing artifacts

Starting some weeks ago, I noticed annoying tearing artifacts [1] during
video playback

At first I suspected the recent nvidia-driver update, but a downgrade
doesn't help. I'm using x11/nvidia-driver-340 on FreeBSD 10.2 (amd64).

IIRC I already had this problem several years ago. It was fixed by
setting SyncToVBlank=1 via nvidia-settings. But that no longer helps.

In mplayer, tearing doesn't occur if I set the output driver to
gl oder vdpau.

Any ideas what causes this behavior how to fix it?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

--
Stefan