Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:17:52 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: Firefox 1.5

--nextPart11407025.b74dQ7N7cC

On Friday 27 January 2006 04:18, Frank Staals wrote:
> Hmm I got a question regarding to Fx 1.5. Has anyone else noticed a
> tremendous slowdown when using 1.5 ? I especially mean when the
> popup-window opens to ask what you want to do with a download (
> save it or open it ) then Fx hangs for about 15 seconds ( while the
> 'ok' button is not clickable ) then It continues again. Also
> Firefox crashed when I tried using an upload function ( to attach a
> file to a post in a forum ).
>
> Anyone else had problems with this ? ( Using Xfce4.2.3.1 with
> gtk2.8.9 here )
This has also been reported by other people including myself.  There=20
doesn't seem to be any progress on diagnosing the problem.  The only=20
thing I've been able to notice is that if I run truss on the firefox=20
process during it's slowdown/hang it shows that firefox is repeatedly=20
calling the kse_release system call.

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry