Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:33:37 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        "Sean O'Neill" <sean@seanoneill.info>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PHP4 Port build for standalone AND apxs binaries ???

> Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:46:45 -0600
> To: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
> From: "Sean O'Neill" <sean@seanoneill.info>
> Subject: Re: PHP4 Port build for standalone AND apxs binaries ???

    please don't top-post.
    and never remove the list address!

> At 06:48 PM 3/27/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> >> Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:28:12 -0600
> >> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> >> From: Sean O'Neill <sean@seanoneill.info>
> >> Subject: PHP4 Port build for standalone AND apxs binaries ???
> >>
> >> Can someone give me the sequence to install both the PHP4 standalone
> >> binary and Apache apxs binaries please ?
> >>
> >> I'm a bit confused how to do it but I need both.
> >
> >    ./configure --with-apxs=/path/to/installed/apxs
> >    will create mod_php4, without that you'll get the CLI (Command Line
> >    Interface) version.
>
> Basically done that and its installed with mods to Apache in place to
> use it.
>
> The mod_php4 port Makefile references a STANDALONE variable to make
> the standalone version.  But I'm confused how to use it now that
> mod_php4 is already installed and registered in the pkg DB.  Actually,
> I don't really know how to "define" it at the command line either -
> maybe ???:
>
> cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
> make -DSTANDALONE
>
> But even if this is correct, how does this now interact with the
> Apache mod_php4 module already registered in the pkg DB?

    yup, you can define that variable with either
    make install -DSTANDALONE
    or
    make install STANDALONE=1

    as for the double install problem: you can add -DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER
    to the make command line, but that'll make it hard for you to remove
    the previous install files later: the plist will get overwritten,
    listing e. g. /usr/local/bin/php instead of
    /usr/local/lib/mod_php4.so (or wherever it is).

    what I'd recommend is copy the port skeleton, and hack the makefile
    to create another port (which should be done anyway)...

    a few seconds later: nice, it's been done already.
    see /usr/ports/lang/php4/.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
7:24PM up 3 days, 3:10, 16 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.04, 0.00