Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 1999 17:00:12 +1100 (EST)
From:      Josh <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trafshow / file Byte discrepency

Hi.

I am playing with trafshow and have noticed that it will
report LESS bytes transferred than the file size!

This occurs on two seperate copies of trafshow (ie. one
copy I have NOT played with) and yet a BIOCGSTATS reports
NO dropped packets.

I am at a loss and really do not want to go through the
code digging out the different protocol information to
try and find out where the discrepency is.

I would love to hear any explanation anyone may have
or even pure conjecture ;-)

Josh

E-Mail: Josh <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>