Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 16:55:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@xtdl.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ?

I have two machines two  ip addresses . I can ping both
locally back and forth etc.
However if I dial out using ppp on a modem I
cannot seem to ping systems outside my local network.
When I connect
using ppp on my modem it says from 206.25.228.40 to 206.25.228.###

206.25.228.### is also the ed0 inet number on my network card. I think the
problem is with this.
  Can someone tell me should I be using the same ip
number that I get when I connect to my provider via modem for that of my
network card?
  Should I change the ip number for my network card to
10.0.0.1 or smthing?
 I want to beable to connect to the internet on
 my first  machine via modem/ppp
telnet to my second machine and be able to
get out on
the net from the second machine. I do have the first machine as the router
for the second machine.  The first machine has the modem .  The router
on my first  machine is set to the router of my isp.
I would also like to have my first machine recognized by it's ip number
given to me by my provider, not by a 10.0.0.1 number.

Thank You in advance .
I have all the books.  Maybe I just don't know find the info I need.

Stephen A. Derdau
XTDL inc 603 4714700 "It's just a matter of perspective"