Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:51:46 -0400
From:      Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: compilation options for -make world-

Well, the biggest example is that make world may blow up in weird places
when you're using different CFLAGS (or possibly even die with weird
signals).

I suppose that other weird behavior in system binaries compiled with
non-standard optimizations could occur as well, although I haven't seen
this reported on the mailing lists.

 Eric