Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:01:40 -0600
From:      "Ming Tang" <mtang17@comcast.net>
To:        "'Bill Moran'" <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ClamAV execusion died without error messages

Bill,

Thank you for the response.

I tried and did not figure out where is the problem. I am attaching the
command line prompts and clamd.log and freshclam.log content here.

ns1#
ns1# ./clamav-clamd.sh status
clamav_clamd is not running.
ns1# ./clamav-clamd.sh start
Starting clamav_clamd.
LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: ***  The virus database is older than 7 days!  ***
LibClamAV Warning: ***   Please update it as soon as possible.    ***
LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
ns1# ./clamav-clamd.sh status
clamav_clamd is not running.
ns1#

ns1# cat clamd.log
+++ Started at Sat Feb 28 10:43:36 2009
clamd daemon 0.94.1 (OS: freebsd5.4, ARCH: i386, CPU: i386)
Running as user clamav (UID 1#, GID 1#)
Log file size limited to 1048576 bytes.
Reading databases from /var/db/clamav
Not loading PUA signatures.
Loaded 455125 signatures.
Limits: Global size limit set to 104857600 bytes.
Limits: File size limit set to 26214400 bytes.
Limits: Recursion level limit set to 16.
Limits: Files limit set to 10000.
Archive support enabled.
Algorithmic detection enabled.
Portable Executable support enabled.
ELF support enabled.
Mail files support enabled.
OLE2 support enabled.
PDF support enabled.
HTML support enabled.
Self checking every 1800 seconds.

ns1#
ns1# ./clamav-freshclam.sh status
clamav_freshclam is not running.
ns1# ./clamav-freshclam.sh start
Starting clamav_freshclam.
ns1# ./clamav-freshclam.sh status
clamav_freshclam is not running.
ns1#

ns1# cat freshclam1.log
freshclam daemon 0.94.1 (OS: freebsd5.4, ARCH: i386, CPU: i386)

Thanks.

- Ming
=20