Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 21:49:48 -0800
From:      Doug <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vhosts with netscape from behind natd

Background: I have the following setup:

internet/cable modem --- natd box --- windows box

On the natd box I have apache running with several vhosts. When I try to
use netscape to view a vhost I get the document root every time. The
vhosts are visible from the internet, just not from behind natd.

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Try restarting the browser, and then go to a document behind root, without
> going to the document first.

	That was the first thing I tried. I just tried it again and no joy. :-/

> It might be some braindead half-closed persistent connection that is confusing
> natd .

	Well, I tried turning the windows computer off and back on, still no
joy.

> (A tcpdump will show more..)

	What would you suggest I look for in tcpdump? I have little experience
with that tool.

Thanks,

Doug