Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 20:36:14 -0600
From:      Carlos Palomino <palomino@nuclecu.unam.mx>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Technical support on FreeBSD Installation

Hi,

I apologize if this is not the proper place to ask for technical support.

I'm installing FreeBSD 2.0 from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM. I have an Acer 486/25
EISA with a BusLogic 742A SCSI controller to which I have attached
both a CDC 639 Mb Hard disk and a NEC Multispin CD-ROM.
I have already installed the kernel in the Hard Disk and it boots ok, but when I
get to the section in which the system asks for the source where I want
to load the binnaries from, and I choose "SCSI CD-ROM" , I get a message saying:

   "Unable to mount /dev/cd0a on /mnt"

Is it maybe that the NEC CD-ROM is not supported? , I ask this because the
SCSI card seems to work fin with the HD.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions or tips that you may give me.

Carlos.