Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 1995 10:45:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Text-mode audio CD player for FreeBSD?

I'd like to have a text-only audio CD player, that I can use when I'm not
running X.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just basically play,
stop, (maybe) pause, previous/next track, etc.  And it doesn't have to
have a nice jazzy curses interface or whatnot (although, I wouldn't mind
that).

I've tried porting the various text-based CD players available on the
Linux ftp sites, with no luck.  They either demand header files that
don't exist in FreeBSD, or just plain don't work.  I've even tried the
text-based cd player that comes with xmcd (it's called cda), but for
some reason, it just does not work.  (it says something like "that
command cannot be issued in this mode" or something to that effect).

Anyone know of any program that'll suit my needs?

Thanks!

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 // FAX 564-2315 // WWW http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~dburr
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **