Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 2002 02:01:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, crist.clark@attbi.com
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NEWCARD Docs

In message: <20020307004335.F69228@blossom.cjclark.org>
            "Crist J. Clark" <crist.clark@attbi.com> writes:
: krillin# cis mem map c9853000
: pccard1: CIS tuple chain:
: CISTPL_END
:  ff
: cis mem map c9853000
: CISTPL_LINKTARGET expected, code ff observed
: pccard1: Card has no functions!
: pccbb1: PC Card card activation failed

OK.  The memory being used is bogus, somehow, and we're not mapping
things correctly.  So this is different than the problem I was seeing
with mini-pci card.  There the data was always wrong, but here the
data is always 0xff, which tends to indicate "no hardware at that
adress."

: And as a side note, the CardBus card is being loaded, but doesn't work
: too well. Looks like IRQ sharing issues. I get watchdog timeouts. Not
: sure how to tell it to try to use other IRQs.

FreeBSD's code must work with shared interrupts, so we have to fix any
problems that might be there.  Typically, however, the problem is that
we've not properly routed the interrupt (or that the BIOS lied to us
and told us it had routed an interrupt when in fact that interrupt
isn't possible).

What kind of machine do you have?