Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:44:58 -0500
From:      "Plucker, Prentice" <prentice.plucker@lodgenet.com>
To:        "'freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sony CDU701 32x cdrom drives not functioning

I am currently having problems getting my cdrom drive to work
with BSD. I am using a SNAP of FreeBSD 3.0 from the end of May.

I have a Sony CDU076 4x cdrom drive that works perfectly but when I
replace it with our new Sony CDU701 32x drives they will not function.
I enabled the DEBUG flag in the ATAPI driver and this is the message I
am getting

/kernel: wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
/kernel: atapi0.0 at 0x1f0: attach called
/kernel: atapiX.0 at 0x1f0: controller busy, status=80<busy>
/kernel: atapi0.1 at 0x1f0: attach called
/kernel: atapiX.1 at 0x1f0: controller busy, status=80<busy>

The cdrom drive is set as master because it is the only IDE device I
use