Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:46:28 +0200
From:      'Roman Neuhauser' <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Stephan de Bot <stephan.de.bot@cmg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Vidcontrol and IPFW messages

> From: Stephan de Bot <stephan.de.bot@cmg.com>
> To: "'Roman Neuhauser'" <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
> Subject: RE: Vidcontrol and IPFW messages
> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:02:20 +0200

    1) keep the list among recipients, please
    2) no need to include the message twice(!), one copy is fine

> > 2) I've compiled the kernel with ipfw support.
> > After the restart I get all these messages that says "connection attempt
> > " bla bla bla on the console.
> > How can i get these messages written to file and not to the console?
> > It's very anoying when you type some thing and it gets messed up by these
> > messages,
>
> >   /etc/syslog.conf and syslog.conf(5)
> 	and add the 'local0.none'        to           *.notice;news.err
>
>     *.notice;news.err;local0.none     root

    if ipfw logs with that facility, then yes. my ipfw(8) man page
    says it logs with LOG_SECURITY, which is "security." in syslog.conf.
    and, you probably shouldn't cut yourself from all firewall messages.

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
12:27PM up 7 days, 22:46, 9 users, load averages: 0.01, 0.01, 0.06