Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 16:20:56 +0100
From:      Johan Nilsson <johan@NETMAN.SE>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sysinstall pre-config file (FreeBSD 2.2.1)

Hello,

I've been trying to use pre-configuration files for sysinstall in
FreeBSD 2.2.1.
I had working files for the old preconfiguration (FreeBSD 2.1.0).
Settings regarding installation media, ipaddr., router, distributions
and so on seems to work. What I can't get to work is the disk
partitioning and labelling (and startup of installationprocess).

Since I haven't been able to find any documentation on the subject I
have tried to read the source code.
That gave me some hints but I still can't get the disk configuration to
work (has the keyword script changed?). Sysinstall sets the disk
labelling variables though.

If anyone is familiar with the new sysinstall pre-config I would be very
glad to know what to do.

(I haven't had time to look at FreeBSD 2.2.2 yet. Since there are some
changes in the sysconfig files I don't want to switch to it yet, but if
the pre-config in sysinstall is improved I will change to that release)

	Regards Johan

Below is my config file. I have changed/added the lines marked "->"
since the old working file.

debug=yes
->releaseName=2.2.1-RELEASE
ports=/ports
hostname=tor.Kurs.NetMan.SE
blanktime=600
ftpPass=paSSword
ftpUser=johan
ftp=ftp://194.52.54.180//
mediaType=ftp
domainname=Kurs.NetMan.SE
nameserver=194.52.54.40
defaultrouter=194.52.54.161
ipaddr=194.52.54.179
netmask=255.255.255.224
tcpInstallDevice=ep0
distSetXUser
distSetDES
disk=wd0
diskSpace=exclusive
bootManager=booteasy
diskPartitionEditor=script
->diskPartitionWrite=script
->rootSize=200
diskLabelEditor=script
->swapSize=200
diskLabelEditor=script
->usrSize=200
diskLabelEditor=script
->varSize=0
diskLabelEditor=script
->diskLabelCommit=script
installCommit=script
packageAdd=bash-1.14.5
packageAdd=mtools-2.0.7
packageAdd=tcsh-6.06

Johan Nilsson		Email:	johan@netman.se
Network Management AB	Voice:	+46 8 720 53 90
Box 38117		Mobile:	+46 708 17 31 76
S-100 64 Stockholm	Fax:	+46 8 720 53 92
			M. Fax:	+46 708 17 41 76