Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:04:44 +0100
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@freebsd.org>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        dan@freebsddiary.org, ports@freebsd.org, rse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache/php/frontpage

Hi Scot!

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 06:11:52PM -0600, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> From: "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
> > Do we have a port which does apache/php/frontpage?  I fear not.  We
> > have ports which do apache/php and apache/frontpage, but not both.
> >
> No FP port with PHP.  Some one did create a apache/php/ssl/FP port.
>
> > I understood a mega-port was in the works which would allow people to
> > select which modules they wanted.  The goal was to reduce the number
> > of apache ports but increase the flexibility at the same time.  Any news
> > on this port?
>
> I am working on it, had to put it on hold for a little while due to other
> responsibilities.  Looked at it yesterday and am in the process of upgrading
> the main Apache & mod_ssl ports to their latest versions.  When that is
> completed I'll be working on the mod_jserv, mod_frontpage and mod_php ports.

Hmmm, I'm still missing a concept how to migrate from the old
system (apache13-x-y-z) to the new system (apache13 plus mod_*).

What will happen if you finished your work? Will we have the old and
new ports in the tree?

BTW. a mod_php3 is already finished. I created one to see whether there
are any pitfalls with a shared php module. mod_ssl should be left
to Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@FreeBSD.org>. He is the author of mod_ssl
and maintainer of apache13-modssl.

> I also need to add the FP patches to the apache-ssl port, so that it can
> also use the mod_frontpage port.

If apache13-ssl stays in the tree it would conflict apache13...

	Regards Dirk

--
Dirk Froemberg

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!		http://www.FreeBSD.org/