Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 1997 06:22:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Security Administrator <sadmin@roundtable.cif.rochester.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Security)
Subject:   rebooting problems

A quick question:

Every five to six days or so my 2.1.7-based system reboots.  There doesn't seem to be ANYTHING present in the logs to explain this phenomena.  Everything seems to be stable and then it suddenly reboots.

If this is something that someone else has confronted, I would love to know how you mended the problems.

My system is a P6-200 with an Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI-III controller, 128 Megs
of EDO mem, and 256 Megs of swap that has been evenly split between two
SCSI-III drives.  I did have sound support compiled in at one point, but the
system was totally unstable.

Josh Pincus
--
System Security Administrator