Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 13:07:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Thomas H. Ptacek" <tqbf@enteract.com>
To:        eivind@dimaga.com (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.6+++: crt0.c CRITICAL CHANGE

> I checked _everything_ for calls to locale.  The only significant items are
> the ones I mentioned.  The only one that is setuid() as default (or likely
> to be set setuid) is crontab.

Yeah, I checked FreeBSD 2.2 with the assumption that 2.1 programs wouldn't
bother with redundant locale calls. There are many SGID kmem binaries in
2.2 that are vulnerable - this is equally as bad as a root comprimise.

Thomas Ptacek at EnterAct, L.L.C., Chicago, IL [tqbf@enteract.com]
"I'm standing alone, I'm watching you all, I'm seeing you sinking."