Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:25:01 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   keyboard won't work on headless server

I have a server which normally does not have a keyboard and monitor
attached.  The keyboard will not work unless it is attached during the
boot process.  The keyboard will continue to work if it is detached after
reboot and later reattached.

I found this in man atkbd but don't know how to use it:

  bit 0 (FAIL_IF_NO_KBD)
       By default the atkbd driver will install even if a keyboard is not
       actually connected to the system.  This option prevents the driver
       from being installed in this situation.

That sounds sort of like what I need.  Is it?  If so, how do I use it?

I'm running 4.4-Stable built yesterday.  Thanks.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples