Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:21:01 -0500
From:      Dragoncrest <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help!: 160 gig only seen as 152 gig??

	I have a Freebsd workstation running 4.9 on an Epox 8k9A2+ MB and the
silly thing sees my brand new Western Digital HD as 160gig in the bios, but
BSD only sees it as 152gig.  Now 8 gig isn't all that bad of a thing to
loose on a drive that big, but still, it's too weird that I would be unable
to get to that last 8 gig.  When going into Fdisk I get the error that the
geometry on the drive is wrong and it suggests a much more appropriate,
albeit smaller, geometry.  Is this something I'm doing wrong in setting up
the drive, or is this a limitation or problem in BSD?  Or is it simply a
limitation of the hardware?  I'm not going to cry over 8 gigs lost, but I
would really like to know if there's something that can be done to fix
this, or am I kinda SOL?