Date:      Thu, 18 May 95 20:18:36 -0600
From:      justin.kuntz@ftscorp.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and TBBS

  Hello--

  We have the TBBS BBS program running our modem hunt group.  We want our
callers to be able to use the Interchange option module for TBBS to connect to
our FreeBSD machine via a hardwired serial port.

  Everything seems to be working great, but we have one problem-- FreeBSD
always seems to leave the Carrier Detect signal on, and thus TBBS always thinks
someone is on the line, so we cannot "grab" it to allow our callers to get
access.

  I am sure there is a way to have FreeBSD only send "login" requests when it
detects a Carrier Detect (or a couple of CRLFs or something).  Can you please
tell me how to do this?

   Also, we have a Boca 4 port COM I/O adapter.  Can this work on FreeBSD to
allow us to have 4 hardwired serial connections to our BBS?

   Thanks!

   Justin