Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 21:29:40 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
To:        Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Hiroto Kagotani <hiroto.kagotani@gmail.com>, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio@gmail.com>, FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libreoffice, Makefile fix proposal...

On 9-6-2012 9:42, Chris Rees wrote:
> On 7 June 2012 15:28, Hiroto Kagotani <hiroto.kagotani@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/6/7 Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <lenzi.sergio@gmail.com>:
>>> Well, now that libreoffice build is
>>> solved, than  what about insert
>>> a line:
>>> CONFLICTS_BUILD=    boost*
>>> near line 63 of Makefile???
>>
>> libreoffice does not conflict with boost;
>> just Makefile has a problem.
>>
>> Attached is the patch.
>
> The only functional difference here is removing the BDB includes from CPPFLAGS;
>
> from bsd.port.mk
>
> .if defined(HAS_CONFIGURE)
>         @(cd ${CONFIGURE_WRKSRC} && \
>             ${SET_LATE_CONFIGURE_ARGS} \
>                 if ! ${SETENV} CC="${CC}" CPP="${CPP}" CXX="${CXX}" \
>             CFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS}" CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS}" \
>
> So CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS are already added to CONFIGURE_ARGS.
>
> I would suspect something more subtle is at work here.

If this fixes things, then some /real/ configure options are the
culprit. This fix doesn't work like the author thinks it does, since
CONFIGURE_ARGS is /not/ CONFIGURE_ENV. So this would effectively result
in environment variables being passed as arguments to the configure
script. You'd have to look at the configure script implementation to see
what the consequences are of that.

--
Mel