Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 12:02:30 -0600
From:      jearl@lis.ab.ca (James Earl)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Remote/Local Problem

I hope this question is appropriate... if not please set me straight.

My internet connection is simply a dial-up dynamic PPP connection.  I am
having troubles figuring our how to configure my local mail/news/etc.
programs so that they will read stuff from the host, not from my
computer.

For example: mail... do I need to get my ISP to forward mail to my
computer upon connection or something?

If I have overlooked information available online, please point me to it
so I can learn on my own.  Thanks!