Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 21:15:17 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: does CAM do this?

David Kelly wrote:

> st0: 262144-byte record too big
>
> At least I think its new, but it accurately describes why I couldn't
> read the tape. Does CAM provide for blocks larger than 64k? If not,
> could CAM provide for blocks larger than 64k?

It shouldn't be a new message, however that message came from the DRIVE
I think.. some adapters have a limit
the 1542 for example cannot DMA more than 64K

there was a VM limit of 64K at one time..
I'm not sure if it's been changed.. if so, then you may have hit a new
limit with the drive..

(not a definative answer though, I haven't looked at those
files for a few years.)

julian