Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:04:56 -0800
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        Kojak <kojak@i.am>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This is outrageous

Kojak wrote:

> This made me so angry, please spare a moment to check out
> this article:-
>
> http://www.mp3.com/news/159.html

The original message was meant to be serious, but from the look of the
patents, that original message won't have any weight.  The patents
describe a method of distributing digital streams of audio or video
(or whatever), which are not the same as MP3s, or any other compressed
file.  Furthermore, you have to be selling digital streams in order to
come close to violating the patents, I think.  (No patent expert am
I.)

--
Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu