Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:43:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Cannon <tcannon@noops.org>
To:        Ronan Lucio <ronan@melim.com.br>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DHCP

Hello Ronan. Yes, FreeBSD makes a fine DHCP server. The isc-dhcp ports
work as you would expect them to, and the configuration syntax isn't very
difficult. I set up a DHCP server in 1999 at home in under an hour and it
has been running since, with zero maintainance.

You don't need any client software for windows. By default, it tries to
automatically detect it's network settings, using DHCP.

Good luck.

Thomas