Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:26:39 -0500
From:      stephen <sjh003@latech.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   unix id question

Salutations...
I'm a newbie, and i have a question, well i have severial questions, but
the answer to this question i could not find in the faq...
I want to set up a mail program using perl, but the owner of the file in
the mial directory will only allow that user to read the info...
how do i set a perl program to access the owner's mail,,, i am a super
user, and i don't want to logon as that user, sence i don't have their
password, nor do i wish to know their password.. just want to write the
program and let it access thier files, and no one elses...

Hope you can drop me a clue, or point me to a faq that can help..
Thanks StEpHeN sjh003@latech.edu