Date:      Sat, 05 Nov 2005 02:39:32 +1100
From:      Emily Boyd <soc-emily@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org

Hi,

>>Maybe Emily could look at this problem.
>
> The problem seems to be caused by global.css:
>
> pre {
>   font-family: monospace;
>   font-size: 1.4em;
> }
>
> Deleting the font-size line should be enough.
>
> I think there is no reason to increase pre's
> font size above the default.

There is actually a reason for that line.

Without that compensation, pre text ends up tiny on the majority of
browsers/platforms (try it and see :)

It sounds as though the Firefox default configuration under FreeBSD is
changing the size of pre. I'll have to see if there's a workaround;
simply removing the line will fix Firefox on FreeBSD, but then there'll
be a worse issue with the text being unreadable on most
browsers/platforms. I'll look into this further.

Emily