Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:24:49 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: URGENT: Over 700 ports missing perl dependencies

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 08:04:21PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> The latest bento run on 5.0 is the first to build without perl
> present: previously, two of the portbuild scripts were written in
> perl, so I had to always pkg_add it into the chroot environment.  Now
> that these scripts have been rewritten in C and I have stopped doing
> the pkg_add, it is exposing all the ports that should have a
> dependency on perl but currently do not.
>
> At least 700 additional ports are breaking for this reason.  Many of
> them are using ${PERL} to do patching-in-place, and these should be
> converted to use REINPLACE_CMD/USE_REINPLACE.  Others use perl
> during the build and should set USE_PERL.
>
> Everyone please check
>
>   http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/5-latest/index-maintainer.html
>
> ASAP and fix the listed problems.  Note that I am aware of two
> problems with the recent build:

Maintainers [a-m]* are lucky, I've done it for them this morning.
But then, maintainers [a-m]* are slack, because this was known to
happen for months. But then, commitors are even more slack since
I've seen mega-patches coming by regarding this topic.

Kettle

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |    Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/weblog.php