Date:      08 Dec 2002 11:10:24 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Christer Gundersen <dtun3z@online.no>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gtk2 antialias problem

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 12:01, Christer Gundersen wrote:
> hi!
>
> I have a working GNOME2 enviroment. Antialiased fonts also work. But
> they do just in GNOME. Not in other wm`s like Enlightenment and blackbox
> (i haven`t tried any other wms, but i`ll think it would be the same.)
>
> In my ~/.xinitrc i got 'export GDK_USE_XFT="1"'

Well, as far as I know BB and Enlightenment don't use GTK 2, so their
fonts won't be anti-aliased.  As for running GNOME 2 apps within these
window managers independent of the GNOME desktop, it should work.  I'd
double-check the envvar is set in your shell.  Don't just trust it being
set by startx.

Joe