Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2017 13:52:10 +0200
From:      Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpi3 - changing MAC address of ue0 between GENERIC and  GENERIC-NODEBUG kernels

Hello,

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe this topic has been discussed before. Try searching for this
> thread "How to change MAC address on RPI-B?" on this list first.
>
> --HPS

after reading the thread I think it does not cover the topic exactly.
The creator of that thread liked to change the MAC address form
the hardware/firmware given to a different one. Which was fixed during
the thread.

In this case, the hardware/firmware given MAC changes without user
interaction but with a (each?) new kernel.

As diffusae <punasipuli at t-online.de> wrote during the named thread:
> The MAC address isn't stored anywhere. It is generated from a
> combination of the MAC range (b8:27:eb) and the last three bytes of
> the serial number.

The shown serial number of the board does not change. An so the MAC
for ue0 should not. Especially it should start with the fixed range.

Ralf