Date:      Fri, 6 May 2005 11:47:48 -0400
From:      "Toll, Eric" <etoll@vipstructures.com>
To:        <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: max Gb of phys. memory?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C55252.F4360E4B

One of the expensive Tyan boards I looked at supported 16Gb Ram, so I =
can safely
assume that the AMD-64 version will use all of this memeory?  (8 DIMM =
slots x
2Gb ea)

I'm assuming the limit would be hardware limited as FreeBSD-AMD64 should =
support
128Gb Ram??

As for my FreeBSD box, {which I only got some of the components in =
today!} it
will only have 1Gb for starters.
(see attached) Boy that Kingston Registered ECC DDR400 1Gb kit was fine =
looking,
black heat sync's and gold plated contacts. It was like $450 USD for the =
1Gb
Kit, but <sigh> it was in stock, and I didn't want to go to the ends of =
the
earth to skimp...  The last thing I wanted to worry about was poor =
memory
quality.

Eric

=20