Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 11:57:17 -0500
From:      mar7@cec.wustl.edu (Matt Rosenberg)
To:        e.knight@ix.netcom.com (Edward F. Knight)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail questions

>I am looking for some advice (help) on how to poll for mail.

>I have a netcruiser account from netcom (it's cheap)
>On windows 3.1 I get my mail with eudora from username@popd.ix.netcom.com.
>This is a POP 3 server.

>How do I pick up my mail with whatever mail tools that are available to me
>with FreeBSD (pine mh elm whatever)?  Is there a pop 3 client for FeeBSD?
>Since this is not a UUCP account I can't poll for mail.

Install the package qpopper (or any similar software) on the FreeBSD box.
This is actually a POP server.  You can still use Eudora as a POP client.
The only problem I've had is using Eudora as a client for two POP servers at
the same time without running it twice as two separate applications side by
side.
Matt Rosenberg
Washington University School of Law
St. Louis, MO, USA