Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:11:22 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why does fsck try to fsck a CDROM?

Julian Stacey <jhs@jhs.muc.de> writes:
> Maybe it comes from the /etc/fstab that is unpacked into ram disc,
> that is extracted from the 2.88M boot floppy, that is part of a
> bootable CD ?

I checked this, boot.flp contains the stuff under /boot and kernel.gz
and that's it.

Interestingly enough, this doesn't happen on every machine. *shrug*

> ( BTW if you'r going to get into questions around bootable cdroms
> etc, it's a frequent area of interest on freebsd-small@freebsd.org )

Some of this is boot time RC file stuff as well, which affects all
FreeBSDs, which is -hackers as well I'd think. I'll CC it.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

"I'll have you hanged, if you don't prove that you are a mystic." said a
cruel and ignorant king who had heard of Nasrudin's powers. "I see strange
things," said Nasrudin at once. "A golden bird in the sky, demons under the
earth." The king asked "But how can you see through solid objects? How can
you see far into the sky?"
                Nasrudin replied, "Fear is all you need."