Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:56:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dave Strock <d1@csd.uwm.edu>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Install Problem

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:47:15 EST, Dave Strock wrote:
>
> > I have all the partitioning setup and I'm trying to install from the
> > CD-ROM. The problem is that I get all the way through the install
> > process, upto the point where it actually installs.  Then it says it
> > cannot find the CD-ROM device, even if I boot from the CD.  The book
> > said to email you for help. My CD-ROM is an ATAPI Sony CDU701. It is
> > set as IDE Secondary Master, if that matters at all.
>
> It certainly does matter if there is no master on the secondary channel.
> While other operating systems do support this configuration, it violates
> the ATAPI specification and is not supported by our driver.  You should
> be okay once you've configured the drive as the master on that channel.
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

I just went to Comdex in Chicago and picked up a copy 4.0. It installed
perfectly. Everything works great...except my stupid win modem, grrrr. No
way to fix that is there? Anyway, nice job. 4.0 is great so far.

Thanks,

 /----------------------------------\
 | Dave Strock                      |
 | Student Technology Services      |
 | Help Desk Consultant/Floater     |
 | University of Wisconsin-         |
 |	Milwuakee                   |
 | Email: d1@uwm.edu                |

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men
of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."
 -former Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis