Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 07:16:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Ed Sweeney <ed@sideways.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gimp-devel compile problem

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Ed Sweeney wrote:

> I think I probably have old tcl/tk files around but not sure how to proceed to
> clean them up.  I'm running a very current 2-2RELENG, tracking since 2.2.1.
> Thanks.
>
> cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../.. -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I/usr/loc
> al/include -I./.. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/tcl8.0
> -I/usr/local/
> include/tk8.0 -O -Wall -c -fPIC -DPIC gcknotebook.c

No, not really.  Gimp is pretty well known for being poorly behaved this
way.  You probably had some older version of gimp hanging around in your
system,  This warning has to be taken _really_ to heart, you have to look
all over for any possible remaining shred of gimp (yes, that includes any
old configuration files, even in your home dir) and delete them.  Then it
builds and installs fine.

Make sure you don't cheat, gimp _really_ is breaindead that way.  On the
other hand, you won't believe some of the improvements that have gone into
gimp, so it's very well worth the time, believe me.  You gotta see
script-fu to believe it.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |