Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2020 18:05:39 +0530
From:      Ayush Dwivedi <21cencturyayush@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        royger@freebsd.org
Subject:   Introduction and GSoC Project Idea Discussion

Hello everybody,
This is Ayush. I am currently pursuing B Tech in Computer Science and
Engineering. I am new to the FreeBSD community. I was going through the
main project idea list provided by the wikia and found a project related to
freebsd boot loader there(Add support for booting Xen domain 0 from EFI). I
have an interest in system and bare metal programming and have done some
experimentation with EFI application development( it was an attempt to make
my own EFI boot loader and analyzing working of UEFI and how it's
completely different from BIOS). I am familiar with QEMU and hardware
virtualization and have used it test modified kernels and minimal EFI
applications. I have programmed mostly in C(have written an UNIX shell
interpreter in it and some other projects) and experimented with x86_64
assembly. I am familiar with Linux kernel code and currently use Arch Linux
as my OS. The project requires me to read the FreeBSD/EFI loader code but
how exactly should I setup my working environment and what should be my
first in freebsd development should it be building it from source and
testing in on QEMU(I have the freebsd-current source code in my Linux
currently and I am trying to get familiar with svn). Need help.

Regards,
Ayush Dwivedi