Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 1997 16:17:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Richard J Kuhns <rjk@grauel.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Heads up: recent ld.so changes broke emacs

John Polstra writes:
 > Please take note: the changes I put into the dynamic linker on
 > November 29 have broken emacs.  It dumps core immediately on start up.
 > Ironically, those same changes made it possible to get the stack trace
 > which pointed to the problem. :-O

In case it helps:

I just rebuilt the world last night (-current), and this morning started
building and installing Xemacs-20.3, which was just released a couple of
days ago.  It apparently works fine, except for the following message
whenever it starts:

Absurd new brk addr = 0x352000 (current = 0x358000)

I was going to send some mail to the xemacs maintainers, but now I think
I'll wait a little longer.

--
Richard Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com
PO Box 6249			Tel: (765)477-6000 \