Date:      Mon, 06 May 1996 17:53:49 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium Pro impressions

> In  <199605062333.QAA00277@rah.star-gate.com> , you wrote:
>

> > Say do have a Matrox Meteor video capture board on your system?
>
> Nope.
>
> > Because if you do I am wondering how many frames/second can you
> > get with a "normal" video stream.
>
> I have a S3-968 video board.   I don't think I could live at less

BTW: I can dump raw video into any point on my S3 968's  frame buffer 8)

> than 1600x1200x16bpp.  Actually, what I want to get my hands on
> is the Digital Semi 21230-based board (NTSC/PAL -> MPEG1 Video/Audio
> codec (640x480@30fps)).  Now that would be nice...

Thats all very fine if you intent to record the video stream however
if not then dtv (matrox PCI-TO-S3 968 PCI ) does just tandy
at 640x480 30fps 8)

How much is the Digital Semi 21230-based board and are the specs to
program it available?

	Tnks,
	Amancio