Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 12:17:11 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@revelstone.jvm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple Class Cs on one network

I'm not sure if I understand how you have done what you have done so far,
but my guess is that you have aliased your original class C onto your
ethernet interface.  What I have done for my WWW servers is put an entire
class C onto lo0 and route to the box as a gateway for the network.

e.g

203.29.224.16/28
-------------------------------.30
.17   .18     .20     .19
                       {lo0=203.8.13.*}

.17, .18, .20, .30 all have a route to 203.8.13.0 via 203.29.224.19

You can do this with a static route in FreeBSD via the command
"route add 203.8.13.0 203.29.224.19" or in the static routes section of
/etc/sysconfig.

Alternatively you can use gated if you want dynamic routing.

Cheers,

Danny