Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 09:02:47 -0600
From:      Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
To:        Sergei Vyshenski <svysh@rsfq.npi.msu.su>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: missing files at boot time

For boot.config, you could create it with vi and enter the
boot string you want defaulted on line line like:
1:sd0(0,a)kernel
or whatever you would normally type in.
This was useful for me since I boot from the second drive and the
system hung if I did not type anything.
If your system booted ok from the default, just make an empty file.