Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 1995 18:50:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: newfs: sectors per cylinder (4096) disagrees with disk label (36)

> 1.	Physical volume spanning.  Like AIX, it is useful to have a
> 	logical partition on which you actually build your file system
> 	capable of spanning one or more phical partitions on one or
> 	more physical drives.
Is this an argument for or against ?

> 2.	Ability to mount partitions using different physical layout
> 	strategies between machines running the same OS.  Ie: a DEC
> 	Alpha Syquest disk on a 386 box.
I'm lost, this has nothing to do with geometry in my book...  Once
a filesystem is made, the geometry is determined isn't it ?

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'