Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:35:08 GMT
From:      Alex Olsen <tastyummy@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/73650: 3.5-release panics on boot

>Number:         73650
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       3.5-release panics on boot
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
      This is my first try on 5.3-release. I am running an AMD64 notebook w/ uniwill motherboard.
      On attempted boot from the install CD, I get
"panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr ffffffffa5620000" followed by a reboot after fifteen seconds. This is all while it's detecting hardware and before it gets to a shell, the install program, or anything else useful.
      I've had several successful installs on this machine before with the 5.x-branch, including one with 5.3-beta3. 5.3-RC2 gave me about the same thing but the message was "stray IRQ" instead.
      Sorry if this has already been brought up; I couldn't find it on the main site's list of submitted bugs.
>How-To-Repeat:
      Try booting from the 5.3-Release disc 1.
      (I can provide more info about my hardware if needed.)