Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2012 23:27:06 -0600
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Xorg Upgrade 7.5.2

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Martin Wilke <miwi@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Knock knock...
>
> The X11 Team is pleased to announce the next round of Xorg updates.
> Note that this is experimental so you really have to know what you are
> doing, read UPDATING in the repository, and follow our exact
> instructions. We are specifically looking for feedback from Intel, ATI
> and NVIDIA users.
>
> Summary of changes:
>
> xf86-video-nouveau has been removed along with the WITHOUT_NOUVEAU
> knob. We suggest switching to the nvidia blob.

Building with clang is broken due to nouveau code which is still in
the dri port.  Maybe this should also be removed/disabled.

Also, I was still using hald, and xorg was segfaulting with it enabled
(when adding some device, x0861 or something).  I recompiled without
it.

All seems well with NVIDIA GPU Quadro FX 3800M (G92GL), using
nvidia-driver-285.05.09 despite seeing this in Xorg.0.log:

[    47.183] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module;
please check in your X
[    47.183] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has been
loaded in your X
[    47.183] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is the
NVIDIA GLX module.  If
[    47.183] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     you continue to encounter problems, Please=
 try
[    47.183] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD m6500.local 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0: Mon Feb  6
01:03:44 CST 2012
root@m6500.local:/usr/obj/usr/src_stable_9/sys/DELL_M6500  amd64

[snip]