Date:      Fri, 02 Mar 2012 17:48:14 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs fails to mount correctly during 8.2 -> 9.0 update

Quoting Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com> (from Fri, 02 Mar 2012
16:44:40 +0200):

> After that 9.0 kernel was loaded with 8.2 userland. I know this is
> not the right-and-only-one way of updating FreeBSD but it works for
> me through releases. But this time something strange happened.
> During system mount kernel spits out something like:
>
>  Solaris: WARNING: metaslab_free_dva(): bad DVA 0:52834975928475
>
> It was something like one page of this lines.

The ZFS in 9.0 and 8.3 detect some things in the pool which 8.2 does
not detect. It seems that the boot with 9.0 repaired something in your
pool, which 8.2 didn't detect. As you haven't provided the output of
"zpool status -v" when the pool was in the RO state, it's less easy to
determine what happened exactly.

In short: problem solved, you're system is OK (according to the
problem detection code of the scrub) now, no need to worry.

Bye,
Alexander:

--
Within a computer, natural language is unnatural.