Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 15:38:54 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        proclus@iname.com
Cc:        Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>, Chris Coleman <ccoleman@oreilly.com>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, editors@daemonnews.org, op-tech@openpackages.org, Chevell <chevell@chevell.net>, finlay.dobbie@btinternet.com, rrp@mac.com, John Martellaro <martellaro@apple.com>, Chris Turkel <zizban@adelphia.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, rms@gnu.org, reg8@cornell.edu, Rob Braun <bbraun@synack.net>
Subject:   Re: The Darwin Collection and OpenPackages

Hi,

I'm very glad to hear that you're making progress on getting the Port's
system to work on Darwin.

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 07:13:46PM -0500, proclus@iname.com wrote:
> similar project.  In keeping with this conclusion, I have offered my
> services as a FreeBSD ports GNOME maintainer, but I have not yet heard
> anything back from them.

Hmm, I've not got any previous email in my gnome@freebsd.org mailbox
from you.  That doesn't mean that you didn't send it, but it might be a
reason that you didn't get a response.  As for becoming a maintainer,
the way that you do that is by sending patches.  I'm afraid that's the
way it has to be, because the GNOME maintainers (I used include myself
in that group but I'm currently AWOL :-( ) can't just give someone a
commit bit.  You have to earn it by showing that you can do the job.

BTW, the www.gnu-darwin.org address doesn't seem to work for me.

Regards,
  -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/